Monday, January 9, 2012

What if He said Yes


Recently the youth pastor at our church gave an amazing sermon on prayer. The part that hit me the most was when he posed this question: What if God said yes to every one of your prayers this week?

That really made me stop and think about what I am praying about. Sure, blessing our food and safe travels are great, but I want to be sure that every week I am going for the big stuff. If this is the week that he says yes to it all, then I want to make sure I pray for my friend that needs healing, and my family members that need to know Jesus, and my kids to make wise decisions.

I want my prayers to reflect what I believe God can do. I serve a great God and I want him to know that I believe he can move mountains!

1 John 5:14-15
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us-whatever we ask-we know that we have what we asked of him.

God answers many of my prayers, but I am going to intentionally prayer as if this is the week he says yes to all of my prayers. Hmmm... where shall I begin?

No comments:

Post a Comment