Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day



This weekend we celebrated father's day with my two favorite dads. My own dad, and the father of my children. We started the day snuggled in our bed with our family daddy, and ended the day with a family BBQ with my dad. Another Father's Day tradition in our house is our annual ice cream voting contest. I cover the labels of several flavors of ice cream and number them. Then we vote on a piece of paper for them, and then reveal the flavors after voting. It's always a big hit and something we all look forward to each year.

If I had to use one word to describe my dad, it would be integrity. He is a man that always does what is right. I look up to my dad and he has always been a hero in my life. He means the world to me, and I have learned so much about parenting from him. I could not ask for a better father and I will always be his Tweedles. It has been a true joy to watch him be the most amazing Grandpa to my girls. Love you, Dad!

The other amazing dad in my life is my husband. He is the best dad my three girls could ask for. He works hard for us and he plays hard with us. On any given day you can find him mowing the lawn, attending a tea party and reading the bible to his girls. He is the best daddy and I know all three of our girls are "Daddy's Girls". I'm proud to have him as my partner in this thing called parenting. Love you, babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment